Concerned about the claims process during COVID-19? Well, Alpha II remains on the forefront of the coding and billing changes during the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE). They understand this is a confusing time for providers, practices, and hospitals.
Now more than ever, practitioners are relying on the revenue brought in by accurate claim submission. So, if you would like more up-to-date details, join us for our Bring Revenue Integrity to the Claims Process During COVID-19 webinar on June 16th at 1 p.m. ET, and learn how to recover revenue based on the waivers allowed under the PHE. Click here to register for the webinar.
We have also compiled a comprehensive COVID-19 billing and coding FAQ document of questions received during our highly-attended webinar series. Click here to download the resource.
As guidelines for coding and billing of COVID-19 services are revised regularly, Alpha II is implementing these critical changes to regulations and coding guidance—almost immediately.
Alpha II empowers precision across the revenue cycle process so you can experience reduced cost, improved cash flow, and increased revenue. Through its software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, Alpha II supports coding, compliance, claims editing, value-based quality reporting and revenue analysis.
For more details about how Alpha II’s solutions can keep your coding, billing, and editing current, view our website or fill out our contact form to ask us a specific question.
Alpha II is a preferred partner of EZClaim, and their software is integrated into our medical billing software. For detailed product features or general information about EZClaim, visit our website at ezclaim.com/
One of our partners, Alpha II, is presenting a special webinar on COVID-19 billing changes on April 16, 2020, “COVID-19: Critical Coding and Regulatory Updates,” to provide the most up-to-date information on the coming changes to new procedures, diagnosis codes, telehealth updates, and changes to regulatory policies.
As guidelines for coding and billing of COVID-19 services are revised almost daily, rest assured Alpha II is working to implement these critical changes to regulations and coding guidance as quickly as possible by conducting near-daily promotions.
Here is a very brief summary of some of the updates we’ve implemented:
- Clarification of correct telehealth rendering POS and use of modifier -95
- Modification of diagnosis code edits for billing of COVID-19 symptoms from February 20 – March 31, 2020 and use of new diagnosis U07.1 for dates of service on or after April 1, 2020
- Addition of the new AMA CPT code 87635 effective March 13, 2020
- Addition of the new CMS CPT codes U0001 and U0002 retroactively effective February 4, 2020
- Modification for waiver of DME replacement requirements prior to March 1, 2020
- Modification for waiver of occurrence code 70 on SNF three-consecutive day stay validation prior to March 1, 2020
- Modification to LCD/NCD edits to relax rules related to respiratory-related devices and services
- Modification to Medicaid for temporary suspension to prior authorization rules in PHE areas effective March 1, 2020
You can get all the latest COVID-19 specific updates here: https://www.alphaii.com/landing/covid19
Alpha II is an EZclaim partner that provides “Claim Scrubbing” for our medical billing software system. View our website for more details on this: https://ezclaim.com/partners/